CodeBug is a cute, programmable and wearable device designed to introduce simple programming and electronic concepts to anyone, at any age. It is easy to program CodeBug using the online interface, which features colourful drag and drop blocks, an in-browser emulator and engaging community features. Create your own games, clothes, robots or whatever other wacky inventions you have in mind!
- 5×5 Red LED display
- 2 buttons
- 6 touch sensitive I/O pads (4 input/output, power and ground)
- Micro USB socket
- Expansion port for I2C, SPI and UART
- Blockly-based online programming interface
- CodeBug emulator for checking code before downloading
- Online project storage and sharing
- Tethered mode for computer/CodeBug interaction
- Step-by-step walkthrough guides
- CodeBug™ is a fun, engaging, entry level introduction to coding, physical computing and electronics. In just a few clicks you can program it to display your own message or you can pin your customised, flashing CodeBug™ to your clothes.
- Plugs onto Raspberry Pi GPIO as an add-on
- Ideal for social media and Minecraft notifications
- Create interactive cards, keyrings, games and more
- Starting point for Internet of Things devices
- Versatile I/O interface to connect lights, switches, sensors, motors and more
- 25 Red LED grid with 2 user buttons
- Touch sensitive inputs
- Drag and drop programming from web browser
- Windows, Mac and Linux compatible
- Micro USB connector for programming and power
- Core Architecture: –
- Core Sub-Architecture: –
- Features: 25 Red LED grid, 2 User Buttons, Touch Sensitive Inputs, Micro USB Connector, CR2032 Battery holder for power
- Kit Contents: CodeBug Wearable Board
Getting started in three steps…
Click CREATE at the top of this website and drag and drop blocks to build your program. – CLICK HERE
When you’re happy with your program click on the DOWNLOAD button. You program will be downloaded shortly.
Hold Button A while plugging CodeBug into your computer.
Note: If you are using a battery then you will have to reset CodeBug. Hold down both buttons A and B for 10 seconds, then release button B.
Drag and drop your downloaded program onto the CodeBug drive.
Press Button B to run your program.